Saturday, April 3, 2010

Conference time in Guatemala

Hey family-


So we just got done watching conference and it was very good. A lot i want to sit down and study out because it seemed to go by really fast. But i enjoyed it alot. President Lorenzana asked all of us to come with our questions and problems to the conference and he said that we´ll find our answers if were listening to the spirit. I felt that i got helped out a lot today and there's 3 more sessions left. So I'm pretty excited about that. A lot more to learn and apply though. But Elder Hollands talk was very clear and direct. He speaks in a very clear way that nobody cannot not understand. I love that. Its interesting...in order to know perfectly the good you have to understand the bad as well. That's what he did very well and that's what Christ did. He withheld all the bad in the world and knew what to do to do the good. He could see farther than we can and spoke in ways that only the poor in spirit would be able to understand. I'm very glad to know that i can know him by reading the scriptures like Elder Christofferson said. Its a free gift you can say for me and for everything who opens them. The spirit will enter us and help us change who we are. I love the word change. And with the spirit we can change with the help of Jesus Christ because he knows us perfectly. Hes glad when we make the effort to do the right things. Were not perfect and lose our sight at times but he blesses us when we change our path and follow him. I feel weird to think that he loves me the same as the Prophet Thomas S. Monson. But i know that for me he was crucified, died and resurrected because he wants me and everyone to return and live with him. To help me. To save me. To guide me along the way back to him in this ever changing world. For me to know that i can be resurrected and become like him because he led the way so we can ALL have the chance to gain eternal life is just something that i don't think i´ll ever fully comprehend. But I'm glad i have a friend that doesn't doubt me, a mentor that never gives up, and a loving brother who is always watching me to help me enjoy what the cards have given me right now and to walk the path less traveled, juntos, that will help me find true joy in this life. That's something that I'm grateful to know and is something that i want to have always. I really hope all that made sense. But I'm glad for what the Lord did for me so i can have the chance, if i want it, to return and become like him someday. I hope you have a great easter sabbath tomorrow, joy the rest of conference tomorrow, and that you can make room for him in your life so he can bless you with things that you didn't even know you wanted through why we remember this Easter day is my wish for you all. Oh and you leave some food for me. Just put it in the freezer and we´ll call it good. ha ha

Love,
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment