Saturday, March 27, 2010

Handing out Book of Mormons at Temple Site, Hawaiian Dancing and more







Hey Family-

What a fun long week this week was. On Sunday it was stake conference and a guy who worked at the temple talked to us about going up to the temple site before their shift starts that next day and giving BOM to the workers that have asked him for one. So the next day we went with him and gave a BOM with a typed up testimony that we put in it to everyone who wanted one. He basically gave them all a way and we were able to go up there and enjoy the temple site. We gave away around 40 BOM which is a full box full of them and it was really fun to go with him. He kept on thanking us for what we did but we really didn't do anything besides show up. He was so happy though and was very glad we came. It was fun to help out and of course go up there to the temple again. Almost everyone that got a BOM we took down there reference and we will be contacting them this next Monday/Tuesday. So we`ll see how it goes. And then on Thursday was the birthday of Hermana Lorenzana. The dinner was amazing and we gave her a little photo album with pictures of everyone in it. And we also did the Haika for here. It's a Hawaiian dance/prayer kind of thing. We learned it the night before and there is a video we took that I`ll have to send you sometime soon when I get it. And the family that we have been teaching is off to Colomba again. But we stopped by last night to say goodbye and took a picture with them with my camera. So we stopped by again this afternoon to give them the picture and they just loved it. Very fun to get to know them and they were very receptive to us and would have progressed here but hopefully over there they will. Those three things made it for me this week. Oh and the other thing i have come to learn here is that sleeping bags keep you very warm. I use it on the bottom and use a couple small blankets to cover me and I'm set to go. Cool fact that i thought i would share with you guys that I bet you already knew. But thanks for sending that book to me. I`ll make sure to bring it back. But I cant wait until general conference. Should be very good as you all know. I hope all has a great week with preparing for Easter and General Conference.


Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment