Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hey Family-
What another fast week if I do say so myself. It was fast for me at least. There were conferences this week and from what I got the most from is doing things with more sincerity. Doing the things I know are the best and that I should do BUT with a true desire to do it. Sometimes i just do the things that i know are correct because i know i have to do it but sometimes i do it with true intent. It`s something that I'm trying to work on right now. It's all about Character. I think I'll be living around that word my whole life. I love it because it really does explain everything about a person. Well the family that we've been teaching and visiting are moving back to an area in Coatepeque in a week or so. They couldn't come to church in the morning this past Sunday but they were able to come in the afternoon. We took a tour of the church and it was fun doing that with them. Elder Díaz and I both think they`ll get baptized but it`s all in the Lords time. We`re going to try to get them to stake conference tomorrow but he uses Sunday to spend time with his wife and family on Sundays because he works Mon-Fri. Great family, and we both have felt that they`re the type that once they get in, they`ll stay in the church. We had a great lesson with them about love and family and then he told us they were moving back to Colomba, Coatepeque, to take care of his parents that are getting old and can't take care of themselves anymore. I felt ok with them moving because that is certainly one way to show love for your family. We're going to try everything we can before they leave to get them ready for baptism once they move, if they go through with moving. It's sad to see them leave but it's in the Lords hands. And we just have to play with the cards given to us. I feel very blessed with who I am and what I'm doing right now here in Guatemala. I'm really grateful for you guys and your family that has blessed me with what I have right now. Thanks for sending that little small book. I really liked it before. Everything is going well down here.. Thanks for everything and I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment