Monday, April 19, 2010

First week as ZL in Huehuetenango

Hello Family-
What a first week down here in Huehuetenango. I love it. The weather is the best, have the best elders, an ok house that we will be changing on Saturday to an amazing house, the members here are great, and i have the most craziest best companion. We got here Tuesday and we had a few elders waiting for us to receive their companions. Elder Williamson, MayƩn, and I both came into the zone and there were two missionaries waiting for us there with the other zone that is here in Huehue. Got a taxi and have never been more cramped up in my life. It was worse than when you have no room on an airplane. Then the next day we had a zone meeting and i think it went alright. Right now the zone has nothing. And when i say nothing i mean nothing. So we talked about the needs of the zone. House, first aid kits, personal needs, investigators, ward, mission leaders, activities and all the jazz. I don't know if i told you last week but there are some areas the are 1hr to 2hrs away and there the assistance isn't that great so its a lot tougher over there. Pero ni modo. I was very surprised to notice that we got to know a lot of the members this first week. Very strong ward but still a lot to do. We don't have a cook but we have the best small tienda any missionary could ask for. The house was trashed and really there's no privacy there and like i said above we will be moving to a very better house hopefully the first of May. Huehue has mountains but you have to go to the areas that are far away. My area is called Centro and its big with anything you want in it. I have really improved my memory here this week. Usually i would just get lost and it would take 2-3 weeks to know the area but i worked on it a lot and I'm grateful i did that. Like I said I have a very crazy companion but I love him to death. He's a very emotional teacher and I said one time this week during our studies that he is like a Elder Holland. Because he's very emotional but when he teaches you KNOW its true. He's a great leader and a very hard worker. He has 21 months and he from Parker, CO. Where's Nancy from? just curious. We found a few people that seem to be interested that are friends of some members here. So the woman here wear corte, its like a blouse i believe from the waist down. Well its different in every town depending on wear you're from. The corte here is very beautiful. There's nothing like ending the day, lying down on the bed thinking of what happened that day, and feeling very very tired and satisfied with the things you did that day. I have had the best week I've had in the mission that i can remember. But this next week will be even better. I'm very grateful I'm with Elder Williamson right now and learn of the ways to have success. There are still a lot of things to do here. I'm excited and cant believe i have this time to serve and to give all my love. I'm safe and sound down here in Huehue.
Love you all
Elder Larson
Everyone is training someone in the office. Elder Ava took my spot in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment