Monday, April 26, 2010

Multi zone conference, great ward in Huehuetenango, more

Hey Family-

What another fast exciting week. Our ward is very cool and the members and especially the bishop are amazing. But I am definitely in the best self functioning ward I have ever been in so far. My companion feels like he`s worthless because this ward does it all. But there's still a lot that needs to be done but at least the members know what there role is and what the missionaries role is as well. There were also 2 conferences this week. One leadership meeting and the next day was a multi-zone in Xela. So we had to stay the night there and lost a days work with that but there was nothing to do about that. The main 2 things I got out of those 2 days was obedience and giving all the pie to people. President talked a lot about getting to know the scriptures so you can know more the doctrine. And when you know the doctrine you can help others really take a big bite of the gospel. He bought a pie and explained it to us. He just give some of the top frosting to the hermanas and said with that little given to the investigators we expect them to be faithful in the gospel. President explained once we help them with their doubts and or problems then with that knowledge we can help give them the whole gospel. Very very powerful two days even though I got sick the last day. But I'm all better now. Right now we have 2 teenagers that were teaching helping some partial families. The teenagers are hard to get a hold of but with activities that were trying to plan and with mutual I hope that will help. We had a powerful zone meeting on Friday and I tried to talk a little about enjoying the time we have right now and living the gospel ourselves before we invite others to live it. It turned out pretty good and talked a little about Job. That’s just say Job was the man. That’s how I want to be. No matter what happens my desires wont change to live the gospel. We got kept busy in Xela, helping out other Elders in there area, walking (we kind of have a decently good size area), sleeping (even though it doesn’t feel like sleeping because you feel the same way when you wake up), and trying to find the less actives in our area. Always something to do.

Sorry I forgot my camera and i´ll send some photos next week. Everything is good down here. I won't say no if you send down icy hots, hot tomales, Gatorade/Powerade mix drinks that are the small on the go kind, reeses, CTR rings in Spanish, snickers or anything like that. You are free to send down what ever you feel. But other than that I'm good. Happy Anniversary. Have fun with Lauren. And I'm not sure about Mothers Day yet but when I know i´ll let you know.

And I have a question. Do you think there's a way of finding a picture of every person that is in my priesthood line? If there is let me know in a separate email and I´ll show you what I want to do with it.

Thanks mom for everything. And give my best to the Clark's and to Parker about his mission call.

Love

Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment