Saturday, September 5, 2009

New job in the mission office, teaching English to the Mission President and driving for the first time!

Hey mom and dad

This has been a different week that I have had in a long time. That's for sure. Different but good.
There are a lot of different things we do here in the office. So right now I'm getting trained to do my job so in a week I can do it when changes come. I'm in charge of the pouch, ordering things missionaries need, doing a lot of things for when changes (transfers) come, setting up for all the conferences, and the other special assignment I have is to help President Lorenzana learn English. We've had a busy week and we haven't started yet but he really wants to work on it. He knows a bit but he just wants me to guide him.

For the most part I really like it here. We see President Lorenzana a lot more often and I know what's going on. You know how I always like to know what's going on. Everyday is different but everyday is a help to build up Zion here in this area of the world. Basically the whole office is new and out of the 9 that are in here right now, 6 are Americans, 3 Latinos, and out of the 9, 8 know English. Its fun and I've had an interesting, fun week. Oh and i drove for the first time this week in a long time. Just thought I would share.

So I was in the coast for 3 changes and now I'm in Xela which is in the cold area of this mission. First night was really cold but right now I'm good.

We live with the assistants and its a pretty nice house. We have a cook for breakfast and lunch. Hopefully I won't gain too much weight here. But I guess we´ll see. A great bunch of elders in the office right now. We had a meeting with President Lorenzana on Monday and he talked about unity. Unity in the office and unity with the heavens. I really enjoyed it. We can have unity with love and sacrifice. We sacrifice but in the end it´ll be like a blessing because you helped others in time of need. And he talked about if we want to win then we need to lose sometimes, meaning that we need to sometimes give up our time and efforts for the benefit for others. I don't know what this next week has in store for me but hopefully i can do it my best and enjoy this time I have to serve the Lord in this calling.

Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment