Saturday, September 12, 2009

Erik is working on his "character"

Hey Mom and Dad-

I’m glad to hear that Lauren is alive and well. She is going there for a reason. I’m glad to hear that all is well with everybody right now.

I’m really starting to learn that everything happens for a reason. I’m here in Xela right now for a reason.

I still don’t know why but the Character of Christ talk by Elder Bednar was really, really good. It has really changed how I do things. Its just funny because Brother Myers and I always talk about our character and the talk was really good for me because there was a lot of ways for me to strengthen my character. Thanks for sending me that talk. Seriously.

I heard weeks in the office go by faster than in the field. I just hope I can learn my duties and do them and serve the other elders here in the office.

I read Mosiah 2 and that has changed how I look at things too. Mosiah 2 and the talk by Elder Bednar have really changed the way I act and try to serve.

My companion is Elder Saurey. When we have time we go to our area in the nights. Both of us don’t know it so we're just trying to work through the members. But other than the nights when we have time and Sundays we are all companions in the office at times. Days are really busy at times and it makes me feel that I'm doing things that are productive and worthwhile.

Thanks for everything that you’ve blessed me with mom and dad.

I’m still glad to hear that Lauren still has her 11 toes and that she is safe and sound in her apartment.

Hope everyone has a great, safe week.

Elder Larson

Note from Diane:
Here's the link to Elder Bednar's talk that Erik was talking about.
http://www.byui.edu/Presentations/Transcripts/ReligionSymposium/2003_01_25_Bednar.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment