Monday, July 6, 2009

New Companion (6/29/09)

Hey mom-

We had changes on Tuesday. Elder Savage went to Xela and I have a new companion. Elder Cedeño. Knows very little Spanish. Surprising there is not a lot of quiet time. I can understand a little bit and its fun and really hard at the same time.

Sounds like you guys are busy like always. Sounds like you're doing great and you have a new perspective about life. I do too. I'm slowing changing into a different person and i really like the change.

We have had a good week and were hoping this week will be better. After your email last week I was reading my scriptures and i came across 1 Nephi 13:37 and I thought of Sister Wood. Kind of cool.

My emotions go up and down several times throughout the day.

It's still a little new to me that my companion and I are the ones that are asking people to change their lives and come unto Christ. A big responsibility. But I like it when people choose to follow Christ because you can see the light come on.

Love you all.

Elder Larson

Another email 6/29/09
Hey mom-

And I also I was listening to a EFY song and I think it was called What will I do with the time thats left? It's pretty good. I like it.

And Sister Wood was a shock for everybody. I believe that. It was a huge shock for me. I also believe that it should be a BIG eye opener for other people to prepare now because we don't know when our last breathe is going to be.

1 Nephi 13:37
And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be.

1 comment:

  1. To Diane & Elder Larson's Future Self,
    It's great to be able to keep up with Elder Larson's progress in the mission field. He's truly concerned about the people he has been called to teach. It must feel great to have him ask for advice and recognize your talent for teaching others. That's the best compliment I can imagine.

    ReplyDelete