Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Erik responds to the news about Sister Wood..... (6/22/09)

I love my son. His email brought me a lot of peace during a very difficult time.
Love, Diane

Hey mom-Sister Wood was a great friend, teacher, mom, disciple of Jesus Christ, and a great example to everyone. Especially to me. She ALWAYS had a smile on wherever I saw her and I don't know how she did it but she always lifted spirits. She was an amazing person mom. You knew her better than me but from the time that I had to know her she seemed to always have the pure love and light of Christ in her. I don't know what to think but that everything happens for a reason. I know Sister Wood is where she is supposed to be.

She had the same love for everyone in our seminary class. She always had the spirit with her and everyone knew that she loved them. She taught by example and she knew how to give service the right way. It probably wasn't even service to her. I can't think of one specific time that sticks out to me because to me. But I always knew she cared for me, I always knew she loved me, and I always knew she wanted the best for me.

We taught a lesson yesterday about when Lehi and his family left all their property, riches, and things that they loved of this world, to not be killed in the destruction of that great city. They only brought the things that they needed to survive in the wilderness. We talked about that after this life we won't take all of our worldly things with us. Only our knowledge, relationships with our family, and our actions we did on this earth with us. Laman and Lamuel liked the worldly things and didn't think that great city could get destroyed. We didn't think Sister Wood would pass away. She did, BUT she was prepared. She knew what she needed to bring and what was important in this life and she enjoyed every second of it! She was truly a great example to all who came in contact with her.

One thing I keep on learning.
Can we change the past? NO
Can we change the future? YES

We can always learn something from the past and we can take what Sister Wood did in her life and apply those things in our lives so we can be more ready for when that time comes when we are called to the other side. :)

I love you mom and I just want to tell you that she is where she is supposed to be. She was a true friend.

The Wood Family are in my prayers.

We have changes later today. :)

Elder Larson

1 comment:

  1. Elder Larson is a wise young man. I love this blog thank you for sharing it with us. His words have helped me too. Pam and I have been thinking about you Diane. Our hearts are breaking that we are not at home during this difficult time.

    Love Dean and Pam

    ReplyDelete