Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Erik's first baptism and first flood! June 1, 2009

Hey mom-This week has been a crazy week. On Thursday night our house flooded and we came back around 9 and it was shoe sole deep in all the house. Half an inch or so. It's a lot better now and it won't flood again because all the leaves clogged it up and we're doing a massive clean today of the inside. It was kind of funny but it's all better right now.

But on Saturday we had the baptisms. It went really well. Elder Savage baptized the younger one, Valentine and I baptized the older one, Fernanda. I did pretty good but I was just mainly excited for their family. I see a lot of support and potential in that family. A lot of people showed up and I'm sending pictures in the mail hopefully today of it.

(I got this email from Erik on June 8 - "Hey so i sent photos of the baptism and you guys will receive it soon. I forgot to put names and dates on them. It was on this past May 30 and the mom is Judit. The husband/boyfriend is Menor. The older girl is Fernanda. The other girl is Valentina. and the other small girl, their sister is Estrella. The other girl in the blue i think is Menor's sister. Just thought I'd tell you everybody")

All is well here. Its just about raining everyday now. I'm switching the shoes that I wear everyday so I'm good with that. It was just a good week watching this family get ready for their daughter's baptisms. They invited us over for dinner afterwards and we had tamales. Tamales are like everyone's favorite here. I think its a big deal when they eat them but I'm not that positive on that one. Right now we're just trying our best to get them involved with the church so they don't slowly go inactive like a lot of other people here. Getting them a calling possibly and a friend in the church.

Oh and I'm at 17 pounds I've lost since the CCM in Guatamala City. Just thought I'd let you know. But I'm healthy and doing good and I can't wait for this next week.

Elder Larson

I asked Erik about the earthquake. This was his response:
Some people felt it, some people didn't. I didn't. I think it was at 1 in the morning.

Erik's email to Dad

Hey dad-Sounds like all is well back home. I'm glad to hear that. The baptisms went great and I had it all memorized and once I started I was like.....what exactly are the words again? I didn't mess up and it went good. I baptized Fernanda and E Savage baptized Valentine. I'm hopefully sending pictures in the mail today of it. We've been trying to stay busy. Elder Savage keeps us doing the right things. It's been a really good fast two months.

Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment