Monday, July 6, 2009

News from Erik July 6, 2009

We received several short emails from Erik today...........

Hey mom-

Thanks for the package. I loved everything in it. I already read the President Monson packet. That was really interesting. OK so it’s my companion's birthday. If you could send him a letter and use Spanish or really really simple English that would be cool. Elder Cedeño and its on the 16th of this month. I think he would like it. Thanks.

Elder Larson

Hey mom-

So it was the 4th of July here and I didn't even realize it. I'm loosing track of days, mom. I took dates that night and another North American elder said Happy 4th of July and I was like What!? That day we were the most full we have ever been with set appointments and all of our appointments dropped. All you can do is laugh and go on I guess because it was a long day.

I saw my blog (I printed a copy and mailed it to Erik so he could see it....Diane) and I just want to say hi to everyone that is reading it right now and to my future self and tell them that I'm doing good right now. My companion is Elder Cedeño. He just came from a Quiche speaking area and he knows some phrases and words. I want to learn but I think I need to learn more Spanish first. But we will see.

You cannot predict the weather here. It rains off and on here and when its not raining it is really hot. We have Maria and she is 17 and she has wanted to get baptized but her mom has told her that she should wait a little bit, but her mom is now giving her permission and were hoping that this Saturday she can get baptized. She understands everything we teach her and she has been to all the activities for the young women and I think she’s in the choir.

Hope all is well. I know it is.

Elder Larson

Hey mom-

So I’ve always liked the way you teach because its interactive, fun and I remember what we do or what we learned because of the activity or the paper or something we could keep. I want to kind of do the same here but I just don't know how exactly I want or know how to do it. Because I think that if we leave something with them that it would be helpful for them. Any ideas for prophets, studying the scriptures, praying, families? I'm just curious because I think something like this can help

I'm wearing my shoes but when it rains I wear my boots. They're doing OK. My ankles still hurt from the arches I had. I think it was that and the whole lot of rocks we have here that caused it but who knows? I'm not a doctor. I'm trying to take care of my body and I talked to my zone leaders and I think I’ll see a doctor soon.

But I'm doing good.

My Spanish is better than 5 months ago. But it still has a long ways to go. I can get around but its still really hard to understand people. With time, I keep telling myself that. With time. haha

Hey dad-

That's really cool to hear about Sister Vance. Had another long, fast week. We've done too much contacting. I feel like we have covered all of Magnolia. But it still needs to be done so we will do it. Trying to get balanced all things. Always a work in progress.

So I'm just curious, what was the best experience you had on your mission or that you learned the most from while you were in Japan.

Hope you have a great week dad.

Elder Larson

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete