Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Erik second week MTC in Guatemala (3/3/2009)


Hola-That's great to hear that everyone is doing fine. You guys are always on the run. Its really nice here in Guatemala. I love it here in the CCM. We go on exchanges with the missionaries tomorrow so who knows how that's going to turn out. I haven't gotten sick yet and the food isn't that bad. Were fed really well. Elder Judd and I are doing fine. I'm just trying to keep up with him and the whole Spanish thing. Its a little overwhelming at times, but Ive been praying a lot more. President Christensen is amazing. A really great man. Him and his wife. We always have great meetings with him. We've talked about the Book of Mormon in an hour an a half. We talked about patriarchal blessings. We talked about why we are really here. Its crazy to think that Ive been here for 2 weeks. I got a letter from you, your mom, Palmer, and two friends from Quest today. It was great to hear from all of them. Ive been praying a lot lately. Mainly for the Spanish. I just have to use it and step out of my box. But I'm getting there. I don't think Ive ever brushed my teeth so many times in one day then i have here. The Latinos got me hooked. I love the Latinos. They just have something about them. I really like it out here. Sorry if this letter has been jumping all over the place. I'm not really sure about the boots. I will check around and see if boots or the shoes would be the best. But I'm leaning towards the shoes but who knows. The Temple here is great. Its smaller and some of the people in our session have to wear the translators but its great. The same things are done in each temple but each is unique in their own way. I know I'm here for a reason. I'm just trying to be patient and stay close to the Lord. My wrist is getting better. There's two sisters here that are going to be serving as nurses and they said it just takes time. like 3 months or less! I'm at almost 2. I'm just trying my best to deal with it. I know i need to be patient and wait for the Lords time. I'm doing his work, through his power, for him. I just need to do my best and devote all my energy towards serving him. Say hi to everyone for me. Keep doing what you're doing mom. You're amazing. I will try to send some pictures home soon. Oh and keep doing the small FHE groups with the ward. That's a really great thing. But you already knew that. Well I'm off. Crazy week ahead of me. We will see how it goes. I cant wait for it though. Ive learned that I'm nothing without Christ and that i can't do anything without his spirit. I'm starting to enjoy being a missionary. Well i did before but i see myself learning new things each day. Adios Amor Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment