Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week three Guatemala MTC (3/10/2009)


Mom-Guatemala City is amazing! The weather is way nice and the food here is pretty good. I haven't gotten sick yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I sent some pictures home last week. Hopefully you get them within a day or two. Time has just flown by. Its crazy. I leave in 3 weeks. My Spanish is getting better but very very very very slowly. Last Wednesday we went on divisions with missionaries here in the South mission. My companion had been out 22 months. We talked to a lot of people and it was a really great experience. We were gone basically all day. Just hearing everyone talk i was like ummmm i have no idea what they just said. It was kinda funny but at the same time i leave in 3 weeks! But they talked really fast. Just something I'm going to need to get used to. That's great to hear about the groundbreaking. That' ll be good because that's a good topic to talk about with people since it will be right in their backyard. President Christensen is amazing. Just an incredibly man. Just thought i'd tell you. So last night all the Latinos and the older North Americans left. There were tears all over the place. I was a little sad but i was like...this isn't sad. youre off to do the Lords work and your dedicating these next 2 years to him. Enjoy it. But saying goodbye to my Latino roommates was kinda sad/emotional. We called one of them Sunshine. I love the Latinos. There always so happy and they love talking to us. Yesterday we went to Las Colinas and its this big property that the church owns down here. You could go hiking, play basketball, futbol, ping pong. This place was beautiful. We get to go again in 3 weeks. I really like being here in Guatemala. Just everything about it. Everyone is just so nice. They don't have a lot but they're happy. I saw that on the Divisions. Once the Spanish starts clicking I'm going to love it more. I cant wait! But for right now i just have to keep studying and keep doing what the Lord wants me to do. It was great hearing from you. Love all you guys. Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment