Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fourth week in MTC in Guatemala (3/17/2009)

Hey mom-Everything is going fine down here. The weeks seem to go by faster and faster and my Spanish seems to be staying the same. Not enough hours in the day i guess. Two more weeks and I'm out of here. So crazy to think about. I'm trying to speak more Spanish and think about it more but sometimes it just is so much all at once. I just made a good language study plan so hopefully that'll help. So i haven't heard anything about the groundbreaking. We don't get al ot of news from the outside world. I haven't gotten your package yet. I heard it takes a while for it to get here. Hopefully it gets here before i leave in two weeks. So I'm thinking you could send shoes if you want. I'm really not sure and my companion that i went on divisions with said he got some eccos down here really cheap. so its up to you mom. Everything is pretty cheap down here. And i sent some pictures in an envelop home almost two weeks ago and hopefully you got them. I don't think that was the smartest way to do that but i tried. Hopefully you got them. Ill see what i can do with sending pictures home. I cant upload and send pictures home through email in the ccm but i heard i could do it in the field. Ill keep thinking of some ways to get you them. But Ive been taking pictures. I have them. So i got a letter from you, Robyn, and Nicks mom today. I liked reading your quotes and Robyns letter. She said you two worked really hard and had fun together. So i think I'm still trying to get used to the food down here. That or i just don't eat a lot in the first place. idk. I'm doing great down here. I really like my district and the older north Americans. Oh my teacher(s) may have added me and my district to facebook. Just thought id let you know. So right now in my scripture reading I'm in Alma with the title of liberty and Moroni. He was a stud. He prepared his people first with the nourishment of the gospel and then for the preparation of war. I love those chapters. Ive been trying lately to actually apply the scriptures to myself and looking for scriptures that are familiar to those that I'm looking at. Its been real nice. Everyday i just think of more reasons why I'm doing the right thing right now in my life. Its fun and hard right now. But I'm enjoying it and relying upon the Lord more. Ive gotten closer to him in almost everything i do now. Its great always having a prayer in my heart. Then i always know what Christ wants me to do. I know hes there and everything happens on his schedule and i just have to accept that. I know I'm here because of him and i cant do anything without him. Its just having faith that Christ knows all and that he can help you through anything if you but trust in him 100%.Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment