Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Erik's first email from Guatemala MTC (2/24/2009)

Hey mom-Sounds like everything is going great back home. That's great to hear. We got here safely and we got picked up at the airport in a yellow school bus. It was really funny. The CCM here is really nice and amazing. There's like 25 or so Americans and 50 plus Latinos here. My companion is Elder Judd and he's from Orem. His dad is in the Sunday School Presidency or something like that. My companion is a natural teacher. I'm just trying to take notes from him so i can be a better teacher. Its so much different down here than in Provo. I like it better here. The food is actually really good and black beans aren't that bad if you mix it with eggs or anything else. Its not that big here but its a block away from the temple. Elder Judd and I went with our district to the temple and just contacted people and told them about the Restoration of the gospel through Joseph Smith. The restoration is a lot more than i thought it was. It was amazing to learn. The people here are so nice. Very friendly and understanding that our Spanish isn't the best. They helped us out a lot. Same with the Latino elders here. We have two Latino roommates. Its always fun talking top the Latinos. Its a great learning experience. The church also owns this house right next to the temple called the Casa de Cre and we have done a few lessons in there in a real atmosphere. Church was amazing. Elder Judd and i taught the priesthood lesson. We talked about D&C 20:37. It went really well. Then sacrament was with everyone. I couldn't understand anything but i enjoyed the whole meeting. I'm starting to feel the love for these people. Always have a smile on their face. My Spanish is coming along you can say. I just need to speak it more. Its hard but i know that if i talk with the Latinos that they will help me out. But ya. We get to go to the temple later today. In English of course. That should be fun. Its been a really fun week. I really like it here. Oh and the beds are amazing! But anyways...love all you guys. Tell everyone hi for me. Sounds like you, dad and Lauren are doing great. Almost one month down. That's weird to think about. Love,Elder Larson

P.S. I only need that toothpaste from the doctors office. I'm almost out.I cant think of anything else. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment