Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello mom-Just to mention a few things before i start.

1- Is there anyway of finding someone in the salt lake city area.There is a lady here who as an uncle there and wants to find him so they can get in touch. I think hes a member as well but I'm not sure.His name is Carlos Enrique Soto de Leon (i hope) and his son is Carlos Enrique Holl. If there is anyway way to find that out just let me know. She was pretty excited when i told her that i would see what i could do.

2- A couple things for Christmas or for when you come for a couple of latins that i know. One wanted the ¨Journey of Faith¨ DVD. I think its a DVD but I'm not 100 % sure. And they wanted 2-3 pair of the spandax garment shorts. Their sizes are 32 and 30. If there is a way you could pick those up that would be just amazing but if not i understand. I just want to help them out in whatever way i can to make them happy you know?

3- I would love to go to the Philippines if that is possible and to your parents house. I think it would be a great experience and if you want to we´ll go. There is no problem with me. Once in a life time experience. Well for me at least. You've already been there. haha.

4- Cheez-its would be amazing

But this week has been alright.

Like i said we live four in the house and i think we just all took turns being sick this week. But we are all better now and hope to stay healthy. We´re slowly getting to know the members and doing a lot of contacting. My companion is not a big fan but that's what we´ve done these past few days. We´ve found a couple families that we´ll be going back with in these next few days.Its hard but its worth it founding people that want to hear from us.Yes thanksgiving is coming up and i think we are going to have 3-4 Thanksgiving meals on different days with different people. This area is a lot different than san juan because it seems like everyone has a nice car and eats well and they have been to the states at least once.So they know a little about thanksgiving. It should be a lot of fun but at the same time i hope I'm healthy on Thursday. A weird kind of experience happened yesterday when we were going to church. We ran into a family that was looking for a different church asking us where it was. I said we had no idea and i asked why. They told us that on the radio that morning they said that today they were going to heal and cure everyone that was sic and needed help. I just was really shocked and really didn't know what to say after that to this man. We invited him to come with us to church but he said he would think about it. We left and i just kept thinking of how Satan works in mysterious ways. It caught me off guard and i tried my best to help them realize how they needed to come to church not just once to get ¨healed¨but to come to follow Christ and have his spirit with us during the week. But its just interesting how churches get out there messages here. I just hope one day this effect that has the radio can change with people so they can come to the truth of all righteousness. Well send my best to the family when your with them and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Erik Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment