Monday, August 17, 2009

Elder Falabella's visit, getting family ready for baptism

I wrote my letter to you and then i tried to attach photos and it was all in Spanish and the computer restarted. That's what happens when you don't understand Spanish all the way. I'm trying to send photos but you'll get them soon. But thanks for the recipes and the email.

Elder Falabella came to the mission and he talked a lot about how we can become a better person and missionary. It was really good. We have been trying to focus and teach more families.

We have this mom, Dionicia and her two kids with a baptism date this Saturday. I'm excited for them and i hope they can do it.

Sorry for making this short but I'm doing well and Elder Rico and I are doing great. My house is nicer than in Coatepeque but the weather is just about the same. I'm on the edge of downtown Reu but still kind of in downtown. We have a cook for dinner and she said she'll make anything and she was asking for choc chip cookies and some other things.

Thanks mom.

Hope you have a great week mom.

Elder Larson

Hey dad-

After Elder Savage left I was senior companion and my companion was the district leader and right now I'm both. I don't think it means a whole lot because my companion knows the area more than I do and I like working together.

We have a baptism date with this mom and 2 of her kids for this Saturday. They are ready but were explaining tithing today and money is pretty low for them so we´ll see how it goes.

Elder Falabella came on Thursday and we learned a lot about how to contact, how to avoid Satan and how to use our time wisely. We learned a lot of different but really interesting and useful things that we can apply in our lives right now.

I'm doing good and trying to figure what is best to do with my time here in Guatemala. The Spanish in Chile is a little different in my opinion but I can hear the difference. Chile is the farthest country that a Latino missionary has come to our mission right now I think. It's pretty far. But I like talking to people about where I'm from and where he is from. It leads right in to what we want to talk about.

Hope all is well and you have a great week.

Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment