Thursday, August 13, 2009

Catching up with Erik's emails............

(Be sure to go down a few emails. I added some pictures we got in the mail this week..... Diane)

August 10, 2009

Hey dad-
I'm in Reu right now. President Lorenzana has me as district leader right now. I'm with Elder Rico and I really like working with him. We're having a lot of fun together. It's still taking some time to communicate with other people but with time I'll be able to.

I'm starting to realize that this will go by fast. I think that's why I really enjoyed this week because I can never get this week back so we tried to figure out what the best thing to do was with Elder Rico and tried to enjoy it at the same time.

People are a lot different here than in Coatepeque. People are a lot more open and we have been able to teach more.

Hope all is well.
Elder Larson

Mom,
We have a cook for dinner and she was talking about chocolate chip cookies and rice krispy treats. She was just wondering how to make them. If she could make them for us that would be AMAZING but I need a good recipe for them. And Ii know you have some good recipes because you make the best stuff.
Thanks mom

I haven't got the package and there is no more pouch I think. We can't send anything out through pouch and I haven't gotten anything through pouch. Sad day but life goes on.

Hey mom-

I got changed last Tuesday and I'm in Retalhuleu (Reu). I'm in Reu 1 and I'm the district leader here. It is so much different than Coatepeque. I really like it here.

My companion is Elder Rico and he's from Chile. He knows a lot and I really like teaching with him. We're having a lot of fun and its only been a week. Reu isn't too far from Coatepeque. I'm still in the coast but i like it.

We have taught a lot of lessons and we have 4-5 progressing investigators but the only thing they lack is a witness of what we've taught through prayer. I hope Elder Rico and i can really make a difference here in Reu.

Elder Larson

August 3, 2009

I just first want to say thanks for writing me. Its nice to hear from you and dad every week. Some elders don't get a email every week so that's why i say that.

Today is changes and I think I might get changed but we find out in about a hour, so who knows.

I'm starting to feel comfortable talking in Spanish. I still lack a ton but i feel comfortable talking which I really like. So we now have a new rule in the mission. The greengos or the North Americans need to speak Spanish when giving dates or at conferences because they said this is a Spanish speaking mission. You know what that means? In about a year and a half I will not be able to speak English. OK maybe a little but not a lot. No I don't know but I just thought i would share that.

Things are busy here. We haven't found a whole lot of people we can teach but were getting there. We think that if we keep on using the Book of Mormon and the spirit that we will find the people that are ready in this time.

We had a conference with Presidente Lorenzana Wednesday and he talked about CREER=HACER. To believe = To do. If one believes something then he will do it because he has the faith that he can do it. I really liked that and I'm just trying to do my part so I can increase the faith that i have through my actions.

Hope all is well and that you all enjoy this week.

Elder Larson

We cannot go to the temple. I think we can go if were a branch president and its the time for the branch to go or if one of our converts is getting sealed in the temple and invites us. I think we can go but probably not for these two years.Maria Fernanda went to the temple and i think she really enjoyed it.Last Mona Vie I'll use is tomorrow.I'm taking my vitamins and doing good.
Love you Mom.
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment