Monday, April 20, 2009

Trying to find people (4/20/09)

Hey mom-Its Monday around 10. Its been a fast week. Days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days here. Its really weird. That's exciting to hear about Conner, Brendon, and Ryan. I'm not allowed to watch the YouTube but i bet it was cool seeing them open up their calls. That's cool to hear about Ryan as well. I think the next person wont be for a while now. Its been pretty nice over here. We've been busy trying to find people that are interested. Its hard though because everyone here seems to be religious and already is with that church. We've been helping out with the seminary. It hasn't been that bad but its just early. Oh well. No big deal. I cant really understand right now but i catch a few words here and there. Some talk really fast here but its all good. I'm learning patience right now. But other than that all is well. We're just trying to work with the members more and have them with us during the lessons. That'll probably help out a lot. So we will see where that takes us. I'm starting to figure out how to use my time more effective. We've been busy trying to prepare and make sure the lessons go good. We had an investigator come to church on Sunday. That was cool and well see where that takes us. She's really nice and for the most part everyone here is nice. Its funny when they try to speak English to us because they think its the coolest thing.So I sent you a letter through the mail system here. Let me know how long it takes. I'm just curious. With the church pouch system I have to send it without an envelope, but with the mail system here i can send it with an envelope. And I have the address here if you or anybody else wants to send a letter through the regular mail system instead of the dearelder. Its...
Elder Larson
Mision Guatemala Quetzaltenango
5A Calle 14-35,
ZonaApartado Postal 206
Quetzaltenango Guatemala
C.A. 09001
Glad to hear all is well.
Love ya mom
Elder Larson

Sometimes Erik sends a 2nd email.....
Man it sounds like you and dad have been just as busy as me. Just have to try to try and make time for everything. Its pretty funny down here because not a lot of people keep time so if we see that were running late then its still OK. The only thing is the manana, tarde, and the noche. I'm getting feed pretty good and I'm keeping myself in good shape. I think Ive lost some weight already but who knows. Its tough work. Days are full but they're fun at the same time sometimes. Elder Savage is a really great missionary. Always thinking of ways where we can help and be more obedient. Hes great. Its going to be rainy season soon. Wish me luck! Have a great week mom!
Love ya
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment