Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter week in Coatepeque (4/13/09)

Hey mom-Life is good here. Days are up and down but life is good for the most part. Elder Savage is a great companion. I'm grateful for this chance to serve with him and have the opportunity to cross paths with him. It was Semana Santa this week. It was kinda cool to see. A lot of people, especially men dress up like girls and dance and celebrate Easter. They did it this whole past week. The baptism went well. The two little girls looked so happy and I'm just glad i had the opportunity to be there for that special event in their lives. We challenged a lady to be baptized but we have set a date for it yet. I'm trying to develop more love for the people here. I'm trying to follow the lead of Elder Savage. He is truly serving for the right reasons. All is well here. Were helping take the kids to seminary here. Its at 5. Now that's commitment. The members that attend church seem to be really strong, but there are a lot of menos activos. A lot. This week we are going to focus on trying to teach them with members present. Hopefully there will be success there. Time really does fly by. I've been using my time better but i can get better. Life is good. Hope all is well. Love you all.Elder Larson

Two things before i forget. Elder Savage got two huge packages with candy and it just reminded me to not send me tons of candy if you do at all. They have candy here. If you send me anything, make it useful like poptarts or those breakfast oatmeal packages. Don't get me wrong, candy is good but ya. Hopefully that makes sense. You know me and candy. And in the Liahona i think our picture in the CCM will be in it but I have NO IDEA. I've just seen other CCM pictures in there. Maybe you can keep an eye out for that. That would be cool to have. That's all. Thanks mom. Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment