Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Zone Leader interviews & family Baptism in Huehuetenango



Hello family-

You're probably wondering why i didn't write yesterday. Well i have a good reason. We had to stay in the house all day! I think we all went crazy. It was 3 of us in the house all day and I'm surprised we made it out alive. But with yesterday it really hit me how i do not want to be like that when i get back home. In a way I'm glad i realized that now so i don't get in the habit of sleeping in, eating all the food in one day, and not leaving and doing anything throughout the day.

But besides yesterday i had the chance to baptize a mom on Sunday. So let me give you the background. I had to do the interview of a mom and her 3 kids on Saturday. But before the scheduled interviews we helped give them service. They needed wood for the house and so we went to a place like a hour away which they have to go get it. They cut down the trees, and sawed them into pieces and then from there our job was to get them to the big truck. Just remember we're in the mountains here and they just don't cut the closest tree and its just not on an even surface. So we helped them with that. So i noticed we weren't going to finish anytime soon so i started the interviews and we just did them sitting on a hill, enjoying the view and taking a rest for a little bit. Started with the 11 yr old girl. Then worked for a little bit longer and then talked with the 16 yr old soon. Went back to help move the wood and then finally got a hold of the mom which she was very busy directing everything and from what it seemed like was trying to avoid me. But we started talking and kept changing the topic and wanting to help the progress of the service along. After 15 min she told me she had to go and that we would finish at her house when i talked with the oldest son. So after being there for 3 hours or so we finished and were all very tired. Finally got to there house and talked with the 20 yr old son and then started to talk to her. It was a tough interview but we got through it and she wanted me to do the baptism. I insisted the others do it but she told me that she wanted me to do it and so we went and i helped her out in this decision of hers. I don't think i´ll ever forget that day with them. Very tiring day in both aspects. But i hope all goes with them and they can keep going in the church.

Sorry i don't have a lot more time left but email me whenever you guys want and especially as soon as you guys know about the mission calls of the Brandons.

Love

Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment