Monday, May 24, 2010

Baptism, companion change

Hey mom and family and anyone else who is reading this-
What a fun week it was. We had a baptism yesterday and it was really cool to see him make the decision to get baptized. When we got here we started to teach him from the beginning but he didn't seem to want anything. But once we started to teach him and visit him we knew it wasn't going to work, so we started go with a joven his same age. And then he changed completely. Opened up and listened to everything he said. It took a while but he went to a few activities to start out with and then he went to church with a shirt and tie we got him.....but the thing is his shirt wasn't not tucked in out all. But hey he came and it was fun to see him there. So he came his second week and he had nice pants, shirt tucked in, new sharp looking tie, and he did his hair. He looked completely different. It was amazing. I knew that we couldn't make the difference with him but the jovenes did it. With the activities and with being his friend. It was very cool to see. The bishop baptized him after church yesterday and he stood up humildemente and thanked everyone and said that he was grateful for the change that he has seen in his life.
Changes were today though. My companion is gone and 6 out of the 10 we have are gone. And this next change we will have 8 in the zonita. Big areas we have but 8 missionaries we will have. We´ll see how it goes but I'm excited. This last change was to get the zone out from the negative to zero. And President said we did what we were supposed to do and was grateful. Now we have a different perspective. Were taking it from zero into the positives. My next companion is from Honduras and everyone says he is really cool and chill. I want to focus on the temple this change with the members and get the assistance up in all of the stake.
Oh and thanks for the shoes. I have them on right now and they have been my source of luck you can say this week. I like them a lot. And thanks for everything. I feel spoiled but at the same time its nice getting stuff. And I'm also glad to hear that everyone is filling out their papers right now and getting ready to go. Given it will be 3-4 yrs until i see them again. But that's just how it is i guess. There's a big change in the mission one can see when they let it enter ones body. Elder Williamson is probably the missionary that has really let the mission enter his life most. He told me he´s seen a big change in me in these past 6 weeks. I haven't really but he's seen it. The one thing i want the most is to open up more. I was and still kind of am a quiet person. That's just how i am at times. But i want to have others come into my life more so i can be more outgoing, kind, humble, happy, and more a rounded person.
I love you all more than agua in a small plastic bag.
Have a great week
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment