Saturday, November 14, 2009

Getting cold in Xela, getting ready for Thanksgiving, Nancy & Ramon

Hey family-

Its coming up on thanksgiving and there are a lot of things I'm grateful for. We had conferences this week. It was fun seeing my old companions and the elders who came with me. President Lorenzana talked about what they were told in the mission president training meeting. He talked a lot about tithing. Its a thing of faith and your love of God and it has nothing to do with money. Its a thing where if you don't obey this commandment you cant go to the temple and are in the process of not receiving the blessings that you can receive. A lot of really cool, but simple things i learned from him this week.

Its getting pretty cold here in Xela. Well in the nights is where it gets cold but i heard its not until December or January where it gets really cold. I will probably be here for Christmas. With President Lorenzana in this mission, once you come to the office, you stay until you finish your mission. I heard other missions are not like that. I`ll go out before but i don't know when exactly. We will be celebrating Thanksgiving here. President is a big fan of the north Americans and i think we`ll have a nice Thanksgiving here.

So i don't really need anything for Christmas. I don't know if you already sent it but i am doing pretty good here. Maybe if you do send something, do the same kind of thing that you did for Elder Cedeños birthday for my companions I've had. In the box but separated like last time for Elder Savage, Cedeño, and Rico. They are 3 really great elders. I was thinking something like wool socks for them because they are all in the cold land. I think they would love it. But just let me know what you think mom.

So Nancy and Ramon want to come visit me. That would be really fun to see and spend time with them. I only met Ramon once and it would be fun to be with them. But i really don't think that would be allowed. I would love to see them but being a missionary i really cant. I hope that makes sense and that they wont be mad about it. But they can write me emails or send me letters. I would love to talk with them but i don't think seeing them would be allowed because of the rules i have being a missionary. Please tell them that.

Lauren seems to be doing really well. And it sounds like all is well back home. I'm really glad to see that.

The thing i would say i really finally grasped onto and learned this week was to not keep doing the same things over again. You can apply this for anything but i learned it with my studying. I studied in different ways this week and it seemed to catch my eye more when i studied and i really got something out of my studies it seemed. Just thought i would share that with you.

Espero que todo esta bien en la familia este semana

Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment