Monday, May 25, 2009

Mission President Visit and Baptisms coming up

Hey mom-This week has been super long which was good but now that I look back at it it seemed really short. So we have 2 baptisms this Saturday. Two 9 and 11 year old girls. The whole family likes the church and the mom was less active for a long time. The whole family knows this is true and that coming back to church is the right thing. Hopefully they can just keep on keepin on. So President Lorenzana came down to challenge all of our zones P1s to baptism on Friday because our zone had the most. He gave a great lesson of why fe (Diane's comment here -is "fe" spanish for faith?), repentance, baptism, the spirit and enduring to the end are all important. He taught in a way where no one could not misunderstand. That's how I want to teach. It was a good night. But probably the best thing i learned this week was about desire. If I don't have a desire to do something then it won't happen. And if I just have a small desire then things won't turn out how I want them to turn out. But I've just noticed that in anything that I do now that I need to have a purpose to do it and I need to have a desire to do it as well. Right now I'm just working on how I can better my desires so I can help others and help myself at the same time. I can't wait to start this week and see where it takes me. Oh and I've lost 15 pounds. I didn't really think i had 15 to lose. But I'm doing really good. I haven't gotten sick or anything like that. I hope all is well with everything winding down with Lauren and seminary. Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment