Monday, August 30, 2010

Lots of rain

Hello family-

I hope all is well and that your trip to Utah was fun. Well I'm enjoying life here in San Juan. We have been living basically in one room this whole time and i love it. We should be getting the other room but one guy is still using it for storage. When i got here i wanted to find something small and i got what i wanted you could say.

But its been fun with elder Whittaker. He just reminds me of myself when i started. For example it rained pretty hard yesterday and it was the first day we decided to go to the farthest area that we cover. And he was all soaked and didn't seem to enjoy it. And then when we got home found out that the water went through all is backpack and into his stuff. I could tell that he didn't have a good day so i backed off and just remembered the first few times i got soaked and that the water entered my scriptures. I was a little mad as well but now its kind of fun. Today we bought umbrellas so i hope they last a long while.

But we cover a small branch here and more than half of them can also speak an other dialect, called mum. Idk how to spell it but just listening to it is crazy. We are in the process of learning it so that should be fun.

With all the rain, mum, small house, and the little food we've eaten Ive really enjoyed it here and I'm looking forward to the time i will spend here.


We have a lot of people that we have visited that are friends of some of the members but the thing is that they all live in different little towns that are far away from everything. So were just stuck in the situation of timing our time well so we can get all the things we need to get done.

Thanks for the package and everything that you've done for me.

The elder quorums pres has been quite a blessing here. It seems like he has always put the things of the Lord first in his life. He has always been willing to drive us where we need to go or show us where everyone live. If it wasn't for him we would still be lost here. The people here are great and i just hope i can learn a little from them and make them a part of my life.

I hope all goes well with Aaron and his family. Send my love to them.

Have fun this next week.

Love,
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment